Thursday, April 28, 2011

Senior Art Show at Westmont College

     The Senior Show is something I had been looking forward to all semester, as it wast the very first student show in the wonderful new gallery space. I was very impressed by the entire show. I think all the seniors did an excellent job of stepping up to the challenge of being in the new gallery, and all worked very hard on their pieces. I particularly enjoyed Joel Phillip's series of drawings with their incredible realism. I was amazed at how he used charcoal so immaculately without smudging the rest of his paper. His self portrait was extremely accurate to his likeness. Also, I enjoyed Math Shelton's sculpture project. I loved the gentle curve of his sculptures and that he was able to tie in his passion of fishing. He did a wonderful job with the welding and marble carving. Another work I enjoyed was the hanging light bulbs by  Kristin Weaver. The shape and translucence of the bulbs was beautiful. Overall, I thought the show was the best senior show I have seen since being a student here.

No comments:

Post a Comment